You have come to the Planning and Land Authority (formerly ACTPLA) website. The Planning and Land Authority is now part of the Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate. The new Directorate unites the Planning and Land Authority with environmental policy and protection, sustainability policy, the Government architect, heritage, transport planning and nature conservation.
- 15 Apr 2014 - eDevelopment downtime
eDevelopment will not be available from 6.00pm Wednesday, 23 April 2014 to 8.00am Thursday, 24 April 2014 due to data centre migration. We apologise for any inconvenience. For more information please contact Customer Services on 6207 1923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11 Apr 2014 - Call for comment on plans for new bus facilities
Two draft variations have been released for public comment that would pave the way for new bus layover facilities in the city and Phillip. More
- 09 Apr 2014 - Kambah variation implements master plan
Variation 317 to the Territory Plan has been tabled in the legislative assembly. The variation implements the recommendations of the Kambah Master Plan
- 08 Apr 2014 - Changes to extension of time fees
The ACT Government has announced a significant reduction in extension of time commence and complete development fees as part of a package of initiatives designed to provide confidence and economic stimulus for the ACT building and construction industry. The form for applicants seeking a waiver or refund for the Extension of Time fee accrued between 1 July 2012 and 31 March 2014 is available on the forms page.
- 04 Apr 2014 - Commencement of Territory Plan variations 308 and 324
Variation 308 (Cooyong Street Urban Renewal Area) and variation 324 (Industrial Land Supply - Pialligo) commenced on 4 April 2014. More
- 24 Mar 2014 - New fast track process for high priority projects
The ACT Government is cutting building and construction industry red tape and adding certainty to key projects through the introduction of a Bill to fast-track priority developments in the territory. More
- 24 Mar 2014 - ESDD's Mitchell office - reopened
ESDD’s Mitchell office has reopened today, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- 21 Mar 2014 - Changes to triggers for pre DA community consultation
The triggers for pre DA lodgement Community Consultation have been changed. More
- 21 Mar 2014 - Change to approved form – Form 4 - Letter of Appointment
The Letter of Appointment form has been changed and is now called Letter of Authorisation. The changes to the form have been made to better reflect the authorisation process. More
- 20 Mar 2014 - Mitchell Office closed today and Friday
The ESDD office on 8 Darling Street in Mitchell has been closed due to an incident in the building next door. The office which handles the majority of our building and construction matters will be closed today and tomorrow but should be open again on Monday 24 March. All enquiries should be made to 6207 1923. Limited services will be available through the ESDD office at 16 Challis Street in Dickson. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- 11 Mar 2014 - ESDD’s World Plumbing Day quest
This World Plumbing Day ESDD’s Craig Simmons is going 24 hours without plumbing. Could you? Check out the Facebook journal.
- 06 Mar 2014 - ACT Government to support local jobs with two year stimulus package
ACT Chief Minister Katy Gallagher MLA has today announced a package of initiatives designed to provide confidence and economic stimulus for the ACT building and construction industry. See more.
- 21 Feb 2014 - Woden and Mawson master plan discussion paper
ESDD is preparing master plans for the Woden town centre and Mawson group centre. The first stage is the release of a discussion paper looking at the planning issues for each centre. More.
- 18 Feb 2014 - eDevelopment issues with Internet Explorer 11
An issue has been identified for eDevelopment clients using Internet Explorer version 11. In some circumstances users are currently prevented from logging into the application successfully. If you are unable to log in to eDevelopment using Internet Explorer 11 please use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- 15 Jan 2014 - Online maps to highlight environmental offset sites
The ACT’s online planning maps will now feature information about environmental offsets, which are sites designed to compensate for biodiversity impacts arising from development. More.
- 17 Dec 2013 - Flood data now on ACTMAPi
New flood data is now available on ACTMAPi, the ACT Government’s interactive online mapping service. More
- 10 Dec 2013 - Changes affecting duplex houses
Changes to the Planning and Development Regulation 2008 have been introduced that now require a Development Application (DA) for the demolition, alteration and/ or rebuilding of a duplex house. This will allow such developments to be assessed under the established DA Merit track process, to ensure that proposals involving this valued form of housing do not result in unacceptable environmental, social or planning outcomes. More.
- 28 Nov 2013 - Tougher laws for breaches of Building Act
The ACT Government has introduced a bill to tighten laws around offences for Building Act breaches and rectification orders, including harsher penalties for individuals and companies who fail to comply. More
- 11 Nov 2013 - Plan for Pialligo to grow while protecting character and heritage
The ACT Government has been working with the local community to finalise a master plan for Pialligo.
The master plan recognises that Pialligo has a special place in the ACT, but that development and change can be supported in a way that is consistent with its history and character. More.
- 18 Oct 2013 - Fees and charges update
The 2013-2014 fees and charges book has been updated. The latest version is available here.
- 18 Dec 2013 - Regulation of construction design and inspection practitioners
As part of the review of the ACT Building Act 2004 the ACT Government is investigating options to improve the accountability and quality of design in the construction industry... More